Consultant (Teacher Education)
Closing date: 25 Aug 2021
Country: Jordan, West Bank, Syria, and Lebanon
Organization: Sustainable Research and Development Center
Career Category: Evaluation
*Note: This opportunity is open only for international consultants who speak English and (French and/or Arabic)*
The SRD Center is committed to quality and excellence in helping national and international agencies in the domains of education, health, and environment, to succeed through providing state-of-the art consultation services, exceptional capacity building opportunities, and sound implementation, monitoring, and post-project evaluation for humanitarian and development projects. The Center’s Head Office is located in Amman.
SRD Center seeks consultants to contribute in programme evaluation implemented in Middle East in teacher education sector.
The duration of the assignment will be approximately 3 months of fieldwork from end of Oct. 2021. Please note that CVs will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs as early as possible.
Competencies for the Consultant
- At least a Master’s degree in education or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting evaluations for education projects.
- Sectoral expertise and experience in emergency projects (mandatory).
- Experience working in the conflict or post-conflict environments
- Experience of effective interaction with local non-government organizations, government departments, and population.
- Strong established field-based structure to enable autonomous data collection.
- Evidence of similar work in the recent past.
- Ability to deliver report within the deadline set out in the TOR
- In addition to proficiency in English language, the consultant must be proficient in French or Arabic language.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Contribute to the preparation of the design report
- Evaluate the thematic section of the country programme
- Take part in the data collection during the design and field phases
- Be involved in the debriefing meeting
- Deliver quality inputs on time
- Responsible for drafting key parts of the design report and of the final evaluation report.
How to apply
Send your Curriculum Vitae as attachment; and
In the email subject line, please write: Consultant (Teacher Education) – (your name)
In the body of the email please write the following information only:
- Full Name:
- Areas of Expertise:
- One paragraph describing how your qualifications and experiences are related to the job (in the body of the email).