International Consultant (Gender in Iraq)
Closing date: 17 Aug 2021
The SRD Center is committed to quality and excellence in helping national and international agencies in the domains of education, health, and environment, to succeed through providing state-of-the art consultation services, exceptional capacity building opportunities, and sound implementation, monitoring, and post-project evaluation for humanitarian and development projects. The Center’s Head Office is located in Amman.
SRD Center seeks consultants to contribute in programme evaluation implemented in Middle East and North Africa in the area of policy research on gender related issues.
The duration of the assignment will be approximately 4 months of fieldwork from end of Sept. 2021. Please note that CVs will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs as early as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant will be responsible for the overall coordination and quality control of the outputs/deliverables for this assignment and will lead and guide the development and implementation process of the proposed assignment.
- Contribute to the preparation of the design report.
- Evaluate the thematic section of the country programme
- Take part in the data collection during the design and field phases
- Train and supervise the research team
- Be involved in the regular meetings
- Deliver quality inputs on time
- Responsible for drafting key documents including inception report and final evaluation report.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in subjects related to anthropology peace, security and conflict studies or related field.
- Good knowledge and understanding of gender and related issues in Iraq.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience working in Iraq on policy research is essential.
- Experience in managing and training research teams is essential
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English language skills are essential
How to apply:
Send your Curriculum Vitae as attachment; and
In the email subject line, please write: Consultant/IR/Gender Policy Research – (your name)
In the body of the email please write the following information only:
- Full Name:
- Areas of Expertise:
- Do you have a good knowledge and understanding of gender and related issues in Iraq? ☐Yes ☐No
- Do you have inimum 5 years professional experience working in Iraq on policy research is essential? ☐Yes ☐No
- Do you speak and write professionally in both Arabic and English language? ☐Yes ☐No