It is the SRD’s identity that includes:
- Common goal – durable solutions
- Common aims – saving lives, strengthening institutions and promoting social cohesion.
- Common programming principles – protection and promotion of rights, and sustainable development
Women and Child Care Projects
Provide women, pregnant women, children and survivors of war, civil strife or other conflicts, with the tools and resources to move outside the crisis area and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies, providing much needed educational and economic opportunities, as well as social services as follow:
• Vocational Training and Programs (literacy training, computer training and career counseling).
•Health Awareness Programs including the need for vaccinations, clean drinking water and hygiene.
• Focus on infant and child health and reducing infant mortality rates. Maternal Child Health Programs, Equipment acquisition and installation, and Medical Surveillance.
• Rights awareness, elections, campaigning, and general advocacy and democracy training.
• Income Generation skills for small Business projects.
• Social Services Referral (legal aid and benefits counseling, referral to police and shelter systems in cases of abuse).
• Promote the role of woman in Democracy & Development.
Humanitarian Emergency Projects (Food and Non-Food Distribution and Winterization)
In the event that the war continues for some time and lack of food or water, or the threat of violence makes it impossible for Iraqis to remain in their homes, we aim to guarantee that IDPs and vulnerable groups have access to basic, life-sustaining resources in ways that meet the accepted international standards in the areas of shelter, food and water supplies, and emergency aid.